Located at the gateway to the D-Day beaches, the Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy is the only museum which presents all of the military operations which took place on Norman soil over the summer months of 1944.
After a general description of D-Day, the military operations are described one by one, illustrated by display cases focusing on the Allied and German soldiers and their equipment (guns, vehicles, uniforms etc). As part of the museum visit, the film “Normandy ‘44, Decisive Victory in the West”, based on archive footage and the giant diorama of the Falaise-Chambois Pocket invite the visitor to go back in time.
- The group rate is applied from 20 people.
- Maximum number of 50 people per booking
- Time needed to visit the museum : 1h30/2h
Group prices 2021
Student / schoolchild
- Free entrance for primary schoolchildren
- Free entrance for one accompanying adult per 8 children (extra accompanying adult 5€)
- Free entrance for guide, driver and group leader
Baron Gerard Museum of Art and History
The MAHB and its collections are located inside the former episcopal palace dating from the 11th to 16th centuries, next to Bayeux cathedral in the heart of the historic town centre.Book now